Get ready to set sail on a quest for knowledge!
Important Dates to Remember:
December 12 – MMS Choir Trip to the State Capitol
December 12 – MMS Choir Concert – 7:00 p.m. (MHS Auditorium)
December 18 – MMS Band Concert
December 25-January 8 – Holiday Break
February 19 – Presidents’ Day
February 20 – Parent/Teacher Conferences
March 19-23 – Spring Break
Wednesday, March 28, 2018 – Spring Pictures
March 30 – Good Friday
Important Information for students
wishing to take their driver’s permit exam!
Driver’s forms must be requested one week BEFORE the test.
Testing locations, dates and times:
Location: Malvern – COTO building next to El Parian
Times: Written Exam – 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. and Skills Test – 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Location: Hot Springs – Troop K AR State Police Headquarters, 200 Karen Lane (Bypass and Carpenter Dam Road)
Dates: Monday through Friday
Times: Written Exam – 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. and Skills Test – 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
About Our School
Malvern Middle School serves students in grades 7-8. Our students participate in regular classes as well as Advanced Placement courses, and our school offers a variety of electives and sports.
Our students participate in local, state and national contests, and our students have received local, state and national level recognition and awards for essay contests, art contests (visual and performing arts), and service projects.
We look forward to providing a strong learning foundation for our students, providing them a smooth transition to high school.
MMS Weekly Student Announcements
Week of December 11, 2017
1. Driver’s forms must be requested one week BEFORE the test. Students need to be aware that the driver’s test location has been changed. Driver’s tests are now given at the new COTO building right next to El Parian. Testing times are 1:00-4:00 p.m.
2. Student cell phones must be turned off when the bell to go to 1st-period rings at 7:55 a.m. Student cell phones must remain off until 3:25 p.m., except for designated times determined by the administration. MMS is not responsible for lost or stolen cell phones. It is the student’s responsibility to keep up with his or her electronic devices and head or earphones.
3. Students must have their ID cards at all times. A student needs his or her ID card for tardy and restroom passes and when checking out books from the school library. Teachers and staff members may request to see a student’s ID at any time. The cost to replace an ID is $3.
4. Students, if you are in a class, club, or group that is gone on a field trip, you need to remember that it is your responsibility to get your class assignments and turn them in to your teachers.
5. Students are expected to exhibit excellent behavior as spectators at extracurricular events such as volleyball games and football games. Students are expected to be seated in the stands and not loitering in the concession stand areas, walkways, or the track. Students misbehaving or not cooperating with the administration on duty will be removed from the event.
6. Math tutoring is Monday through Friday in room 208 and 207, 7:30 a.m. until 7:55 a.m. Students are allowed to bring their breakfast to the classroom.
7. Science tutoring will be held in Mrs. Greene’s room (203) on Wednesdays for 7th grade and Thursdays for 8th grade, 7:30 a.m. until 7:55 a.m. Students are allowed to bring their breakfast to the classroom.
8. Yearbook is sponsoring a LEOPARD art contest. Create your best leopard in ink, paint, colored pencil, pastel, markers or other media and submit your original art to the Yearbook Staff in the EAST room 108. The artist with the winning entry will receive a yearbook free of cost! Other artwork may be featured throughout the yearbook All artwork is due by January 15th, and will be returned after judging.
Yearbooks are on sale in the EAST Room (room 108) for $25.00! Prices increase after January 31st.
Passion, Pride, and Excellence for ALL!