Get ready to set sail on a quest for knowledge!
Important Dates to Remember:
October 16 – Salvation Army Bottled Water Drive begins. (8th period class competition)
October 17 – Parent/Teacher Conferences – 1:00-7:00 p.m. (Report Cards)
October 18 – Great Shakeout
October 20 – Flu Shots for MMS students who returned their flu shot form last week
October 30 – November 3 – Scholastic Book Fair in the MMS Library
Tuesday, November 7, 2017 – School Picture Day Make-ups (new students and students who were not present on Sept. 1)
Week of November 13 – MMS Thanksgiving Feast (Date TBA)
November 20-14 – Thanksgiving Break
December 25-January 8 – Holiday Break
February 19 – Presidents’ Day
February 20 – Parent/Teacher Conferences
March 19-23 – Spring Break
Wednesday, March 28, 2018 – Spring Pictures
March 30 – Good Friday
Important Information for students
wishing to take their driver’s permit exam!
Driver’s forms must be requested one week BEFORE the test.
Testing locations, dates and times:
Location: Malvern – COTO building next to El Parian
Times: Written Exam – 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. and Skills Test – 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Location: Hot Springs – Troop K AR State Police Headquarters, 200 Karen Lane (Bypass and Carpenter Dam Road)
Dates: Monday through Friday
Times: Written Exam – 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. and Skills Test – 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
About Our School
Malvern Middle School serves students in grades 7-8. Our students participate in regular classes as well as Advanced Placement courses, and our school offers a variety of electives and sports.
Our students participate in local, state and national contests, and our students have received local, state and national level recognition and awards for essay contests, art contests (visual and performing arts), and service projects.
We look forward to providing a strong learning foundation for our students, providing them a smooth transition to high school.
MMS Weekly Student Announcements
Week of October 16, 2017
1. Driver’s forms must be requested one week BEFORE the test. Students need to be aware that the driver’s test location has been changed. Driver’s tests are now given at the new COTO building right next to El Parian. Testing times are 1:00-4:00 p.m.
2. Student cell phones must be turned off when the bell to go to 1st-period rings at 7:55 a.m. Student cell phones must remain off until 3:25 p.m., except for designated times determined by the administration. MMS is not responsible for lost or stolen cell phones. It is the student’s responsibility to keep up with his or her electronic devices and head or earphones.
3. Students must have their ID cards at all times. A student needs his or her ID card for tardy and restroom passes and when checking out books from the school library. Teachers and staff members may request to see a student’s ID at any time. The cost to replace an ID is $3.
4. Students, if you are in a class, club, or group that is gone on a field trip, you need to remember that it is your responsibility to get your class assignments and turn them into your teachers.
5. Students are expected to exhibit excellent behavior as spectators at extracurricular events such as volleyball games and football games. Students are expected to be seated in the stands and not loitering in the concession stand areas, walkways, or the track. Students misbehaving or not cooperating with the administration on duty will be removed from the event.
6. Parent/Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Tuesday, October 17, from 1:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
7. Flu shots will be given on October 20th to MMS students who turned their flu form in last week.
8. The Scholastic Book Fair will be coming to MMS on October 30th and will be in the MMS Library through November 3rd.
The Salvation Army bottled water drive will be a competition between 8th period homerooms. The total number of bottles donated by the homeroom will be divided by the number of total students to make the competition fair. The water will be stacked outside Mrs. Baker's office on the wall under the stairs, but be sure that whoever stacks it notifies Mrs. Baker so that his/her homeroom will get credit. Thanks in advance for your participation. The Salvation Army will pick up the water on October 31st. Let's show them that Malvern Middle School cares!
Passion, Pride, and Excellence for ALL!