1985 - Honor Graduate of Malverrn High School - distinction - Magna Cum Laude
2007- Ouachita Technical College Associate of Arts Teaching Middle School Language Arts/Science Studies (AA)
2009 - Henderson State University Bachelor of Science Education (BSE)
2010 - Arkansas State University Master of Science Education (MSE)
2014 - National Board for Professional Teaching Standards - National Board Certified Teacher
2011- UALR National Writing Project fellow (earned six graduate hours)
· 2011- UA graduate Honors College (AP training)
· 2012 - UA graduate Honors college (PreAP training)
· National Board Certification 2014
Additional certification added to license :
· 2010 – Henderson State University English as a Second Language (ESL) Academy (earned 12 graduate hours)
Conferences, workshops and special training
· 2011 – Little Rock Central High National Historic Site Annual Teacher’s Summer Institute
· 2012 – Arthur and Rochelle Belfer National Conference for Educators Summer Institute ELA at United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, Washington DC.
· 2012- Arkansas Pathwise Mentor Training
· 2011-2012 – National Board for Professional Teaching Standards TakeOne! passing recipient
· 2012-2013 completed candidacy requirements for National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (awaiting score 11/14)
· 2013 - Facing History and Ourselves Holocaust and Human Behavior nine week online course
· 2013 - Facing History and Ourselves A Convenient Hatred: The History of Anti-Semitism nine day online webinar
· 2012-2013 completed LRNWP advanced institute
· 2013 – China and the Cultural Revolution Red Scarf Girl webinar
· 2014 - Facing History and Ourselves Choices in Little Rock nine week online course
I have always been an educator. I'm the proud mom of three sons, two of whom I can proudly say are college graduates.Before becoming a public school teacher,I owned and operated a daycare. My personal motto is: "I touch the future; I teach."
I enjoy reading, walking, riding my bicycle, making lesson plans and attending cultural events (museums). I also love to shop.
Reading young adult literature is how I like to spend lazy days around the house.
Currently, I am writing a cookbook and personal memoir.