Get ready to set sail on a quest for knowledge!
Important Dates to Remember:
Tuesday, November 7, 2017 – School Picture Day Make-ups (new students and students who were not present on Sept. 1)
Wednesday, November 15 – MMS Thanksgiving Feast
Friday, November 17 – Early Dismissal (MMS will dismiss at 2:10 p.m.)
November 20-14 – Thanksgiving Break
December 7 – Art Club Community Service Project Day
December 8 – HSU Talent Search Meets
December 12 – MMS Choir Trip to the State Capitol & Concert
December 18 – MMS Band Concert
December 25-January 8 – Holiday Break
February 19 – Presidents’ Day
February 20 – Parent/Teacher Conferences
March 19-23 – Spring Break
Wednesday, March 28, 2018 – Spring Pictures
March 30 – Good Friday
Important Information for students
wishing to take their driver’s permit exam!
Driver’s forms must be requested one week BEFORE the test.
Testing locations, dates and times:
Location: Malvern – COTO building next to El Parian
Times: Written Exam – 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. and Skills Test – 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Location: Hot Springs – Troop K AR State Police Headquarters, 200 Karen Lane (Bypass and Carpenter Dam Road)
Dates: Monday through Friday
Times: Written Exam – 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. and Skills Test – 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
About Our School
Malvern Middle School serves students in grades 7-8. Our students participate in regular classes as well as Advanced Placement courses, and our school offers a variety of electives and sports.
Our students participate in local, state and national contests, and our students have received local, state and national level recognition and awards for essay contests, art contests (visual and performing arts), and service projects.
We look forward to providing a strong learning foundation for our students, providing them a smooth transition to high school.
MMS Weekly Student Announcements
Week of November 6, 2017
1. Driver’s forms must be requested one week BEFORE the test. Students need to be aware that the driver’s test location has been changed. Driver’s tests are now given at the new COTO building right next to El Parian. Testing times are 1:00-4:00 p.m.
2. Student cell phones must be turned off when the bell to go to 1st-period rings at 7:55 a.m. Student cell phones must remain off until 3:25 p.m., except for designated times determined by the administration. MMS is not responsible for lost or stolen cell phones. It is the student’s responsibility to keep up with his or her electronic devices and head or earphones.
3. Students must have their ID cards at all times. A student needs his or her ID card for tardy and restroom passes and when checking out books from the school library. Teachers and staff members may request to see a student’s ID at any time. The cost to replace an ID is $3.
4. Students, if you are in a class, club, or group that is gone on a field trip, you need to remember that it is your responsibility to get your class assignments and turn them in to your teachers.
5. Students are expected to exhibit excellent behavior as spectators at extracurricular events such as volleyball games and football games. Students are expected to be seated in the stands and not loitering in the concession stand areas, walkways, or the track. Students misbehaving or not cooperating with the administration on duty will be removed from the event.
6. Fall picture makeups are scheduled November 7th for students who were absent on picture day.
7. Congratulations to Cayla Spencer and Angel Moguel. Cayla and Angel were selected as our MMS Students of the Month for the month of October.
8. Thank you to everyone who participated in the bottled water drive. We collected 630 bottles of water! Southern Bancorp donated 2 cases to our drive, and we want to thank our community partners for participating in our community service project. Mrs. Brown’s 8th-period class was the winner of the competition with 320 bottles, over 50% of the total!
9. Tuesday, November 7 - GT 7th-grade boys will meet 3rd period. GT 8th-grade boys group 2 will meet 4th period
10. Friday, November 10 – GT 7th-grade girls will meet 3rd period. GT 8th-grade boys group 1 will meet 4th period. GT 8th-grade girls will meet 5B.
11. We will dismiss at 2:10 on Friday, November 17th. Thanksgiving break is Monday, November 20th through Friday, November 24th.
12. Thanksgiving feast RSVP forms are due back to the office no later than November 9th.
13. Math tutoring is Monday through Friday in rooms 207 and 208, 7:30 a.m. until 7:55 a.m. Students are allowed to bring their breakfast to the classroom.
14. Science tutoring will be held in Mrs. Greene’s room (203) on Wednesdays for 7th grade and Thursdays for 8th grade, 7:30 a.m. until 7:55 a.m. Students are allowed to bring their breakfast to the classroom.
Passion, Pride, and Excellence for ALL!