Welcome to Malvern Middle School!
Mark your calendars to visit the Stories of Hope Exhibit at COTO between April 22nd and April 25th. This educational exhibit is presented to the public by Ms. James’ 8th grade Pre-AP English classes.
Are your taking the STAR Quick Fit Challenge?
Find this weeks STAR Challenge here:
Report your progress here (just click on the link):
Important Information for students wishing to take their driver’s permit exam!
Driver’s forms must be requested one week BEFORE the test.
Testing locations, dates and times:
About Our School
Malvern Middle School serves students in grades 7-8. Our students participate in regular classes as well as Advanced Placement courses, and our school offers a variety of electives and sports.
Our students participate in local, state and national contests, and our students have received local, state and national level recognition and awards for essay contests, art contests (visual and performing arts), and service projects.
We look forward to providing a strong learning foundation for our students, providing them a smooth transition to high school.
MMS Weekly Student Announcements
1. Driver’s forms must be requested one week BEFORE the test. Driver’s tests are now given at the new COTO building right next to El Parian. Testing times are 1:00-4:00 p.m.
2. Student cell phones must be turned off when the bell to go to 1st-period rings at 7:55 a.m. Student cell phones must remain off until 3:25 p.m., except for designated times determined by the administration. MMS is not responsible for lost or stolen cell phones. It is the student’s responsibility to keep up with his or her electronic devices and head or earphones.
3. Students, if you are in a class, club, or group that is gone on a field trip, you need to remember that it is your responsibility to get your class assignments and turn them into your teachers.
4. Students are expected to exhibit excellent behavior as spectators at extracurricular events such as baseball or softball games or track meets. Students are expected to be seated in the stands and not loitering in the concession stand area. Students misbehaving or not cooperating with the administration on duty will be removed from the event.
5. Math tutoring is Monday through Friday in room 209, 208 and 207, 7:30 a.m. until 7:55 a.m. Students are allowed to bring their breakfast to the classroom.
6. Students may only have clear, store-bought/packaged water bottles with clear water only. Flavor packets are not allowed. Students are allowed to carry commercial/packaged water. All other drinks are not allowed in the classrooms.
7. Students are not to be eating food, including candy, in class. Gum is NOT allowed on campus. Teachers have the ability to assign students SSH for not following these rules.
8. Students are reminded that you are not to open outside doors for anyone, even if you know the person. All visitors or students arriving on campus late must come through the front entrance.
9. Students, remember that you are expected to follow the dress code. Hoods and caps are not to be worn in the building. Shorts, skirts, and dresses must be a minimum of 1 and a half inches below your fingertips when the arms are held straight down to the side. Clothing must cover your midriff (belly). There should be no holes in your clothing above mid-thigh that shows your skin or undergarments. Bandanas of any kind are not allowed. All shirts must have a 2-inch shoulder strap. No spaghetti straps or straps less than 2 inches.
10. Lounge pants or pajama pants for girls or guys are not permitted. Students, you need to be sure that you are appropriately dressed when you come to school.
11. Students should check the sign outside the library to see which lunch the library will be open for that week.
12. OBU Talent Search will meet every Monday after school in room 202 with Ms. James. HSU Talent Search will meet every Monday after school in room 207 with Mrs. Brown.
13. Students are reminded that MMS is a GUM FREE school. Students are NOT to be chewing gum at school. The consequence for gum chewing is SSH for the first offense.
14. The grade improvement school dance will be April 26th. Invitations are being distributed. You must bring your invitation with you to the dance to enter. Students will be required to sign in once they arrive, and you will be required to sign out when you leave. Students will NOT be allowed to leave the dance and re-enter. If you are attending the dance, you need to be sure that your ride is here promptly at 8:30 p.m. to pick you up. If you do not have your invitation and you are not on the invitation list, you will not be allowed to enter. This dance is for MMS students only who have qualified to attend based on the criteria set for grade improvement.
15. Mock Trial will meet every Thursday afternoon from 3:30 - 4:30 in Mrs. Manley's room.
16. Starting Monday, April 1, we are going to have a Box Top collection competition. This will be done in each 8th-period class. The goal for each class is 350 Box Tops. Any and all 8th-period classes that meet the 350 collection goal will receive a party on the May 23rd treat day. This collection contest will run from April 1 through May 17th.
17. Students, if you are participating in school-related events during the school day, please be sure that you are getting your assignments from your teachers. You are responsible for any work missed.
Passion, Pride, and Excellence for ALL!