Welcome to Malvern Middle School!
MMS will be closed Monday, November 19 – Friday, November 23
Holiday Concerts Are Around the Corner!
MMS Choir Concert – Saturday, December 15th @ 2:00 p.m. (to be held at the First Baptist Church Life Center)
MMS Band Concert – Monday, December 17th @ 6:30 p.m. (Location TBA)
Are your taking the STAR Quick Fit Challenge?
Find this weeks STAR Challenge here:
Report your progress here (just click on the link):
Important Information for students wishing to take their driver’s permit exam!
Driver’s forms must be requested one week BEFORE the test.
Testing locations, dates and times:
MMS Weekly Student Announcements
Week of November 26, 2018
1. Driver’s forms must be requested one week BEFORE the test. Driver’s tests are now given at the new COTO building right next to El Parian. Testing times are 1:00-4:00 p.m.
2. Student cell phones must be turned off when the bell to go to 1st-period rings at 7:55 a.m. Student cell phones must remain off until 3:25 p.m., except for designated times determined by the administration. MMS is not responsible for lost or stolen cell phones. It is the student’s responsibility to keep up with his or her electronic devices and head or earphones.
3. Students, if you are in a class, club, or group that is gone on a field trip, you need to remember that it is your responsibility to get your class assignments and turn them into your teachers.
4. Students are expected to exhibit excellent behavior as spectators at extracurricular events such as football and volleyball games. Students are expected to be seated in the stands and not loitering in the concession stand area, lobby or walkways of the gym. Students misbehaving or not cooperating with the administration on duty will be removed from the event.
5. Math tutoring is Monday through Friday in room 209, 208 and 207, 7:30 a.m. until 7:55 a.m. Students are allowed to bring their breakfast to the classroom.
6. Students are may only have clear, store-bought/packaged water bottles with clear water only. Flavor packets are not allowed. Students are allowed to carry commercial/packaged water. All other drinks are not allowed in the classrooms.
7. Students are not to be eating food, including candy, in class. Gum is NOT allowed on campus. Teachers have the ability to assign students SSH for not following these rules.
8. Students are reminded that you are not to open outside doors for anyone, even if you know the person. All visitors or students arriving on campus late must come through the front entrance.
9. Students, remember that you are expected to follow the dress code. Hoods and caps are not to be worn in the building. Shorts, skirts, and dresses must be a minimum of 1 and a half inches below your fingertips when the arms are held straight down to the side. Clothing must cover your midriff (belly). There should be no holes in your clothing above mid-thigh that shows your skin or undergarments. Bandanas of any kind are not allowed. All shirts must have a 2-inch shoulder strap. No spaghetti straps or straps less than 2 inches.
10. The library will be open this week during 2nd lunch so that 8th graders can access the library. The library will be closed 1st lunch. Next week, the library will be closed 2nd lunch and open 1st lunch so that 7th graders can access the library. Students must bring their student ID with them to check out books.
11. Be sure to check the STAR Health Challenge located on the board in the main hallway, on Facebook, or on the MMS Website. Take the challenge and log your process by clicking on the links located on our Facebook page and/or school website.
12. OBU Talent Search will meet every Monday after school in room 202 with Ms. James.
13. Students are reminded that MMS is a GUM FREE school. Students are NOT to be chewing gum at school.
14. GT will be meeting Wednesday, November 28. Please check the library window for times.
15. There is a sign-up sheet in the library to join the new MMS Book Club. Meetings will begin after Thanksgiving break. You must sign-up in order to attend.
16. This is the last week for the MMS annual canned food drive. Bring canned goods to your first-period class through November 30th. The first-period class who brings the most goods will win a prize.
Passion, Pride, and Excellence for ALL!