Welcome to Malvern Middle School!
Monday, October 22, 2018 is Parent/Teacher Conference Day
No school for students.
Drop-in Conferences will be held from 1:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Scholastic Book Fair in the MMS Library from 1:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Are your taking the STAR Quick Fit Challenge?
Find this weeks STAR Challenge here:
Report your progress here (just click on the link):
Important Information for students wishing to take their driver’s permit exam!
Driver’s forms must be requested one week BEFORE the test.
Testing locations, dates and times:
MMS Weekly Student Announcements
Week of October 15, 2018
1. Driver’s forms must be requested one week BEFORE the test. Driver’s tests are now given at the new COTO building right next to El Parian. Testing times are 1:00-4:00 p.m.
2. Student cell phones must be turned off when the bell to go to 1st period rings at 7:55 a.m. Student cell phones must remain off until 3:25 p.m., except for designated times determined by the administration. MMS is not responsible for lost or stolen cell phones. It is the student’s responsibility to keep up with his or her electronic devices and head or earphones.
3. Students, if you are in a class, club, or group that is gone on a field trip, you need to remember that it is your responsibility to get your class assignments and turn them into your teachers.
4. Students are expected to exhibit excellent behavior as spectators at extracurricular events such as football and volleyball games. Students are expected to be seated in the stands and not loitering in the concession stand area, lobby or walkways of the gym. Students misbehaving or not cooperating with the administration on duty will be removed from the event.
5. Math tutoring is Monday through Friday in room 209, 208 and 207, 7:30 a.m. until 7:55 a.m. Students are allowed to bring their breakfast to the classroom.
6. Students are may only have clear, store-bought/packaged water bottles with clear water only. Flavor packets are not allowed. Students are allowed to carry commercial/packaged water. All other drinks are not allowed in the classrooms.
7. Students are reminded that you are not to open outside doors for anyone, even if you know the person. All visitors or students arriving on campus late must come through the front entrance.
8. Students, remember that you are expected to follow dress code. Hoods and caps are not to be worn in the building. Shorts, skirts, and dresses must be a minimum of 1 and a half inches below your fingertips when the arms are held straight down to the side. Clothing must cover your midriff (belly). There should be not holes in your clothing above mid-thigh that shows your skin or undergarments. Bandanas of any kind are not allowed.
10. Every Friday is School Spirit Day - Wear Orange and Black!
11. When students leave a classroom to go to the library or the football field for PE, students must leave their backpacks in the classroom or cafeteria.
12. The library will be open this week during 1st lunch so that 7th graders can access the library. The library will be closed 2nd lunch. Next week, the library will be closed 1st lunch and open 2ndt lunch so that 8th graders can access the library. Students must bring their student ID with them to check out books.
13. Be sure to check the STAR Health Challenge located on the board in the main hallway, on Facebook, or on the MMS Website. Take the challenge and log your process by clicking on the links located on our Facebook page and/or school website.
14. The MMS Library will be sponsoring the Scholastic Book Fair starting Monday, October 22 and running through Friday, October 26.
15. Parent/teacher conferences will be held Monday, October 22 from 1:00-7:00 p.m. Report cards will be issued at this time.
16. OBU Talent Search will meet every Monday after school in room 202 with Ms. James.
17. This week is Homecoming Spirit Week!
Monday, October 15 - Movie Star Monday - Dress like your favorite movie star
Tuesday, October 16 - Time Travel Tuesday - Dress from another time period, past or future!
Wednesday, October 17 - Radio Waves Wednesday - Dress like your favorite musical performing artist: Rapper, Rocker, Country…
Thursday, October 18 - Hats off to the Leopards - Pay $1 and wear your favorite hat to school (Must pay before Tuesday, October 16 and you may pay your $1 to Mrs. Brown or Mr. Phillips. Proceeds go to support the MMS Robotics Program)
Friday, October 19 - Leopard Spirit Day - Wear your orange and black spirit gear!
18. Next week Tuesday begins Red Ribbon Week.
19. Unity Day is Wednesday, October 24. We encourage everyone to wear orange on the 24th.
Passion, Pride, and Excellence for ALL!