Welcome to Malvern Middle School!
Are your taking the STAR Quick Fit Challenge?
Find this weeks STAR Challenge here:
Report your progress here (just click on the link):
Important Information for students wishing to take their driver’s permit exam!
Driver’s forms must be requested one week BEFORE the test.
Testing locations, dates and times:
MMS Weekly Student Announcements
Week of September 17, 2018
1. Driver’s forms must be requested one week BEFORE the test. Driver’s tests are now given at the new COTO building right next to El Parian. Testing times are 1:00-4:00 p.m.
2. Student cell phones must be turned off when the bell to go to 1st period rings at 7:55 a.m. Student cell phones must remain off until 3:25 p.m., except for designated times determined by the administration. MMS is not responsible for lost or stolen cell phones. It is the student’s responsibility to keep up with his or her electronic devices and head or earphones.
3. Students, if you are in a class, club, or group that is gone on a field trip, you need to remember that it is your responsibility to get your class assignments and turn them in to your teachers.
4. Students are expected to exhibit excellent behavior as spectators at extracurricular events such as football and volleyball games. Students are expected to be seated in the stands and not loitering in the concession stand area, lobby or walkways of the gym. Students misbehaving or not cooperating with the administration on duty will be removed from the event.
5. Math tutoring is Monday through Friday in room 209, 208 and 207, 7:30 a.m. until 7:55 a.m. Students are allowed to bring their breakfast to the classroom.
6. Students are may only have clear, store bought/packaged water bottles with clear water only. Flavor packets are not allowed. Students are allowed to carry commercial/packaged water. All other drinks are not allowed in the classrooms.
7. Students are reminded that you are not to open outside doors for anyone, even if you know the person. All visitors or students arriving on campus late must come through the front entrance.
8. Students, remember that you are expected to follow dress code. Hoods and caps are not to be worn in the building. Shorts, skirts, and dresses must be a minimum of 1 and a half inches below your fingertips when the arms are held straight down to the side. Clothing must cover your midriff (belly). There should be not holes in your clothing above mid thigh that shows your skin or undergarments. Bandanas of any kind are not allowed.
10. Every Friday is School Spirit Day - Wear Orange and Black!
11. When students leave a classroom to go to the library or the football field for PE, students must leave their backpacks in the classroom or cafeteria.
12. 8th grade GT will meet Monday, September 24, during 2nd period, and 7th grade GT will meet Monday, September 24, during 4th period. GT meetings will take place in the MMS Library.
13. The library will be open this week during 1st lunch so that 7th graders can access the library. The library will be closed 2nd lunch. Next week, the library will be closed 1st lunch and open 2nd lunch so that 8th graders can access the library. Students must bring their student ID with them to check out books.
Passion, Pride, and Excellence for ALL!