Welcome to Malvern Middle School!
Check us out on Facebook!
We are now posting the student announcements in Spanish and English on our Malvern Middle School Facebook Page.
Spring Break! March 18-22!
Are your taking the STAR Quick Fit Challenge?
Find this weeks STAR Challenge here:
Report your progress here (just click on the link):
Important Information for students wishing to take their driver’s permit exam!
Driver’s forms must be requested one week BEFORE the test.
Testing locations, dates and times:
About Our School
Malvern Middle School serves students in grades 7-8. Our students participate in regular classes as well as Advanced Placement courses, and our school offers a variety of electives and sports.
Our students participate in local, state and national contests, and our students have received local, state and national level recognition and awards for essay contests, art contests (visual and performing arts), and service projects.
We look forward to providing a strong learning foundation for our students, providing them a smooth transition to high school.
MMS Weekly Student Announcements
1. Driver’s forms must be requested one week BEFORE the test. Driver’s tests are now given at the new COTO building right next to El Parian. Testing times are 1:00-4:00 p.m.
2. Student cell phones must be turned off when the bell to go to 1st-period rings at 7:55 a.m. Student cell phones must remain off until 3:25 p.m., except for designated times determined by the administration. MMS is not responsible for lost or stolen cell phones. It is the student’s responsibility to keep up with his or her electronic devices and head or earphones.
3. Students, if you are in a class, club, or group that is gone on a field trip, you need to remember that it is your responsibility to get your class assignments and turn them into your teachers.
4. Students are expected to exhibit excellent behavior as spectators at extracurricular events such as football and volleyball games. Students are expected to be seated in the stands and not loitering in the concession stand area, lobby or walkways of the gym. Students misbehaving or not cooperating with the administration on duty will be removed from the event.
5. Math tutoring is Monday through Friday in room 209, 208 and 207, 7:30 a.m. until 7:55 a.m. Students are allowed to bring their breakfast to the classroom.
6. Students are may only have clear, store-bought/packaged water bottles with clear water only. Flavor packets are not allowed. Students are allowed to carry commercial/packaged water. All other drinks are not allowed in the classrooms.
7. Students are not to be eating food, including candy, in class. Gum is NOT allowed on campus. Teachers have the ability to assign students SSH for not following these rules.
8. Students are reminded that you are not to open outside doors for anyone, even if you know the person. All visitors or students arriving on campus late must come through the front entrance.
9. Students, remember that you are expected to follow the dress code. Hoods and caps are not to be worn in the building. Shorts, skirts, and dresses must be a minimum of 1 and a half inches below your fingertips when the arms are held straight down to the side. Clothing must cover your midriff (belly). There should be no holes in your clothing above mid-thigh that shows your skin or undergarments. Bandanas of any kind are not allowed. All shirts must have a 2-inch shoulder strap. No spaghetti straps or straps less than 2 inches.
10. Lounge pants or pajama pants for girls or guys are not permitted. Students, you need to be sure that you are appropriately dressed when you come to school.
11. CORRECTION: The library will be open this week during 1st lunch so that 7th graders can access the library. Beginning next, students should check the sign outside the library to see which lunch the library will be open for that week.
12. Be sure to check the STAR Health Challenge located on the board in the main hallway, on Facebook, or on the MMS Website. Take the challenge and log your process by clicking on the links located on our Facebook page and/or school website.
13. OBU Talent Search will meet every Monday after school in room 202 with Ms. James. HSU Talent Search will meet every Monday after school in room 207 with Mrs. Brown.
14. Students are reminded that MMS is a GUM FREE school. Students are NOT to be chewing gum at school.
15. The grade improvement school dance will be April 26th. In order to purchase a ticket, you must have a 75% average or higher in all your classes on your third nine-weeks report card. If you have all A's, your ticket is free! Do your best to keep your grades up!
16. EAST will be sponsoring a spring Hat Day on Friday, March 1st. In order to wear a hat on Friday, you will need to bring $1 Friday morning and pay your $1.00 BEFORE school at the table set up in the hallway.
17. The library will be closed between 9:00 and 10:00 on Tuesday, February 26 for a READ 180 administrative meeting.
18. Mock Trial will meet every Thursday afternoon from 3:30 - 4:30 in Mrs. Manley's room.
Passion, Pride, and Excellence for ALL!