Welcome to Malvern Middle School!
Get ready to set sail on a quest for knowledge!
Important Dates to Remember:
May 17 – MMS Choir Concert – 7:00 p.m. in the MHS Auditorium
May 18 – Athletic Physicals
May 24 – 7th Grade Awards Program – 1:30 p.m.. – MMS Cafeteria (parents/students will be notified if a student will be receiving an award)
May 24th 8th Grade Awards Program 2:15 p.m. – MMS Cafeteria (parents/students will be notified if a student will be receiving an award)
May 25th – Last Day of School and Early Dismissal – MMS will dismiss at 2:10 p.m.
May 28th – Memorial Day – MMS will be closed
May 29th – Summer School begins (Students/parents will be notified if a student is required to attend summer school)
Important Information for students
wishing to take their driver’s permit exam!
Driver’s forms must be requested one week BEFORE the test.
Testing locations, dates and times:
Location: Malvern – COTO building next to El Parian
Times: Written Exam – 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. and Skills Test – 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Location: Hot Springs – Troop K AR State Police Headquarters, 200 Karen Lane (Bypass and Carpenter Dam Road)
Dates: Monday through Friday
Times: Written Exam – 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. and Skills Test – 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
About Our School
Malvern Middle School serves students in grades 7-8. Our students participate in regular classes as well as Advanced Placement courses, and our school offers a variety of electives and sports.
Our students participate in local, state and national contests, and our students have received local, state and national level recognition and awards for essay contests, art contests (visual and performing arts), and service projects.
We look forward to providing a strong learning foundation for our students, providing them a smooth transition to high school.
MMS Weekly Student Announcements
Week of May 14, 2018
1. Driver’s forms must be requested one week BEFORE the test. Driver’s tests are now given at the new COTO building right next to El Parian. Testing times are 1:00-4:00 p.m. Students wishing to take the driver’s test in June need to get requests in before school is out if possible. The middle school office will be closed most of July, so requests for July tests will need to be made in June.
2. Student cell phones must be turned off when the bell to go to 1st-period rings at 7:55 a.m. Student cell phones must remain off until 3:25 p.m., except for designated times determined by the administration. MMS is not responsible for lost or stolen cell phones. It is the student’s responsibility to keep up with his or her electronic devices and head or earphones.
3. Math tutoring is Monday through Friday in room 208 and 207, 7:30 a.m. until 7:55 a.m. Students are allowed to bring their breakfast to the classroom.
4. Students are reminded that you are not to open outside doors for anyone, even if you know the person. All visitors or students arriving on campus late must come through the front entrance.
5. Students, remember that you are expected to follow the dress code. Hoods and caps are not to be worn in the building. Shorts, skirts, and dresses must be a minimum of 1 and a half inches below your fingertips when the arms are held straight down to the side. Clothing must cover your midriff (belly). NO Crop Tops.
6. Bandanas of any kind are not allowed at Malvern Middle School. Bandanas are not to be worn as headbands or attached to clothing or personal belongings. Students found in possession of a bandana will be subject to disciplinary action including but not limited to confiscation of the bandana to suspension.
7. EAST is collecting good used books for the surgery waiting room in the Malvern hospital. Sometimes people have to wait there for hours and having a book to read can help pass the time. There is a donation box inside the door of the EAST classroom, room 108.
8. Students: If you still have a library book or a novel that belongs to a classroom teacher, those books must be returned this week. You will be charged for any books that are not returned.
9. There will be no more charges in the cafeteria.
10. Golf Sign-up for next year is in the office. Sign-ups are 8th graders that will be in 9th grade.
Passion, Pride, and Excellence for ALL!